Thursday 30 August 2012

Sledding Snoopy

Aft'noon peeps! What a horrible wet and windy day!
Today I have made another Snoopy Christmas card. It's soooo cute!




I covered a portrait top fold A6 blank with paper from My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas range. The two lower corners were rounded off. I adhered a length of green felt ricrac over the join and knotted some white cord above, leaving a tassel. The knot was covered with a felt and a chipboard snowflake from the Colorful Christmas range. A Pebbles Inc. sentiment rub-on was applied to the lower left corner.

The Snoopy stamp is called Snow Sledding (FR1045) by Stampabilities, this was stamped in black Versafine and clear embossed. It was then coloured in with Promarkers, trimmed and matted on black card then onto a piece of patterned paper. The image was then adhered to the top of the card.

Tip: When heat embossing I heat from behind, you have much more control and you get a smoother finish with less chance of burning. Don't 'waft' the heat gun around, hold it in one place and when the powder starts to melt, move to another part of the image.

I hope you like this card, it is fun, bright and quirky. As soon as I saw this stamp it was one of those I HAD to have!!!

Right, off now to do an hour of Yoga. Until next time....Colette xx

2 comments:

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card, Colette. I love the funky paper.
Nikki x

Rachel said...

Love the colours Colette...fab Christmas card!
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Wedgie xxx