Wednesday 19 September 2012

Pirate Cards - Arr!

Arr! Good mornin' te ye!
Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! So in honour of this fab occasion, I thought I would post a couple of my cards that featured in the August issue of Crafts Beautiful, under the project titled '7 ways with...pirate motifs'.
First, Gappy the Pirate...



And now Peed Off Parrot...



I had great fun designing these illustrations, you can download these and my other pirate illustrations free from www.crafts-beautiful.com in the download section. The illustrations are in black and white, so you can download, print and choose your own colour theme to colour in!. Other illustrations include a treasure map, cannon, treasure chest, and two different pirate ships.

The fonts I used were downloaded from www.fontspace.com (or link from the 'funky free fonts' section on the right). There are some really cool pirate fonts out there, so have a good hunt.

To find out more about International Talk Like a Pirate Day visit www.talklikeapirate.com it's a fab site. I just love it!

Right... off to check me scuppers, arr! Thank ye for comin' alongside and walkin' me poopdeck. Be back in a while me beauties!

No comments: