Thursday 6 June 2013

Owl Miss You - Cricut Mini Project

Well hello there my lovely peeples!
I've decide to do a weekly post where I showcase a card/project made with the Cricut Mini. I think it would be nice to let you see what you can create with this versatile little machine.
So, here is the first one....




What you need...

Die cutting machine: Cricut Mini
Digital cartridge: Hoot n Holler - Cricut
Patterned paper: Hopscotch 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad - Kaisercraft
Punch: corner rounder
Adhesive gems: clear
Adhesive pearls: black
Adhesives

What you do...

Round the top right and bottom left corners of a 13cm x 15cm top fold blank. Cut a circle from the 'notes' paper and adhere to the bottom left corner overlapping the left and bottom edges; trim the excess.

Select your chosen owl, branch and phrase images along with the layers and cut out in patterned papers. Assemble and attach to the blank, as shown. Finish with a few gems and black pearls on the eyes.

This was a quick card to make, but then again it wasn't. There are so many images to choose from and it took me ages to decide which ones I wanted; then I had to go through my stash of paper and decide which of those I wanted to use. I love the bright colours in the Hopscotch collection, it is fairly recent to the market and is available from Merly Impressions.

Check out the Cricut website - here is a link to the UK version - http://uk.cricut.com for a good nosey at what is available. Not all the cartridges are digital. Some are available as a physical cartridge but also have a digital version. Hoot n Holler is a digital only version.

Hoot n Holler - Cricut Digital Cartridge

That's all from me for the nonce. Until next time...xxx

post signature

3 comments:

UTs Hobby Time said...

Yet another cute card card from you and the owl look so cute.

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend,happy Saturday^_^
What a gorgeous card^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Heike said...

This is lovely. Really cheery and colourful.
Take care, Heike xx