Tuesday 1 October 2013

Believe (Polar Bears)

Hello again my lovelies!
Can you believe it's the 1st October already? Christmas will be upon us before we know it. Talking of Christmas, I'd like to show you another card if I may.
I used a favourite stamp of mine that I have had for quite a few years now. It reminds me a little of the Coke ads they have on television at Christmas.




What you need...

Stamp: Winter Polar Bears (95612-M) - Inkadinkado
Patterned Paper:  'Brrrr', Winter Joy Collection - Bo Bunny
Card stock: white, black
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Promarkers: Duck Egg
Ribbon: black
Gems: clear
Rub-on sentiment: black
Adhesives

What you do...

Cover a top fold 10cm square blank with a slightly smaller piece of 'Brrrr' paper. Stamp the image onto white card and highlight with the Promarker. Trim and mount onto black card, attach the image to the top left of the blank.

Wrap ribbon around the blank, underneath the image and tie in a knot at the right. Apply the rub-on below. Finish with a few clear gems.

I've done several versions of this card over the years. I think it always works well with a limited colour palette of aqua/turquoise, black and white.

As it is only a small card it's perfect for those worried about postage costs. Here in the U.K. we have to pay a ridiculous price for an item that is over 5mm thick, even if it's only a small card like this.

So, that's the lesson for today :o)

Thanks for popping in and I'll be back soon xxx

Oooh! I forgot to mention, Hattie laid her first egg on Friday! So I have two of my girls laying now....just two more to go. I'm a proud mummy (smug look on the face).


post signature

4 comments:

Natka said...

Hi Collete! Beautiful card! Thank you for following me!
Hugs from Poland
Natka

Ghost_Writer said...

so cute... thanks for becoming my follower, very sweet of you :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a lovely color Colette
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Eemeli said...

Oh wow, the card is looking so cute and adorable. Love the color scheme.

Hugs,
Eemeli