Thursday 31 October 2013

Mistletoe

Afternoon my lovelies!

Are you doing anything for Halloween? I just haven't had the time this year to get anything organised... I haven't made any cards or bought any candy or pumpkins to carve. Oh well! :o(

For those of you who are going trick or treating, have a good time and be safe (that's my Good Samaritan bit out of the way).

Okay, onto another Christmas card. Not long ago on one of my trips into Norwich, I saw this lovely box set of stamps by Yellow Owl Workshop (drool). Well... I had to buy it didn't I? It was calling to me and I am not going to ignore it as that would be rude.


You can also purchase Yellow Owl Workshop goodies from Fred Aldous (click here to have a goggle).

This is what I came up with...




What you need...

Stamps: Mistletoe - Yellow Owl Workshop; JOFY Collection 6 - PaperArtsy
Card stock: olive green, white
Ink pads: Spanish Moss, Satin Red - Versafine
Pearls: red
Adhesives

What you do...

Stamp the mistletoe a few times with Spanish Moss ink in the top left corner of a piece of white card 11cm square. Stamp the bow and sentiment with Satin Red.

Mount onto olive card 12cm square and then onto a 12.5cm square blank. Finish with a few pearls.

There we have it. I think this is a classy little card and is so quick to do. This layout would look good with holly in the corner or pine twigs with a bauble.

Well, that's me for the moment. Don't forget, today is the last chance to enter the October blog candy.

I will be back tomorrow with the candy winner and the candy for November, until then. Cheerio!

P.S. Babs has started doing the 'squat', so I don't think it will be too long before she starts laying her eggs - I'm so excited (chews knuckles in anticipation). xx 

post signature

3 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

These stamps are gorgeous Colette and you have used them so beautifully. love your instructions as I have an issue making cards and creating so many layers and I am on the hit & trial method with cards so the measurements you give are very helpful !!

lucretia said...

I do like your mistletoe card.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Such a lovely clean design Colette and beautifully stamped! Hope you are well lovely girl! xx