Monday 27 April 2015

Margaret Calendar Month April - Bugaboo/Incy Wincy

Well hello there!

Did you have a good weekend? I did. Lots of baking and crafting were done, so I am a very happy bunny :)

This week at Incy Wincy the challenge is Spring/Greens and we have two sponsors, Bugaboo Stamps and Sassy Studio Designs.

I picked a digi stamp with a very miserable looking Margaret called Margaret Calendar Month - April. I love these lady stamps they just have that sarcastic 'nothing impresses me, so speak to me at your peril' look.

I opted to also stay with the green theme and coloured her in with shades of green (except of course for her skin and hair, otherwise she would be a very sick looking, miserable Margaret with a sarcastic look about her). I also added the sentiment 'Happy Spring' just to compliment the facial expression - har har!

Anyway, here is the cheery little lady...



What you need...

Card stock: white, green
Promarkers: Almond, Apple, Bright Green, Cerise, Cool Grey 2, Grass, Leaf, Meadow, Pink Mittens, Putty, Warm Grey 1, Warm Grey 3
Gems: clear
Adhesives

What you do...

Re-size the image to suit and add a sentiment.
Print onto white card and colour in.
Cover the bottom of a top fold, portrait, white A6 blank with a 3.5cm deep piece of green card.
Hand cut scallops along the bottom edge of the image and mat onto the blank so the scallops overlap the green section.
Add a gem to the point between two scallops to finish.

She does remind me of someone, but I daren't say (sly smile on my face).

I think I will be purchasing a few more of these Margaret images, check out the Stella images too. She is just as feisty :)

If you would like to see all the lovely images that Bugaboo Stamps and Sassy Studio Designs have to offer, please click on their badge below to take you to their store.




Of course, if it's inspiration you want, then look no further than the awesome makes the Incy Wincy DT have come up with (some of the more adventurous gals have done more than one card).

Just before I go, please welcome our newest member of the DT - Judy! Pop on over to her blog - In Search of My Creative Side - to see what she's been up to.

That's me for now, I have another couple of Cricut® posts coming up, also another Crafts Beautiful set from the May issue and some of my projects from the current issue of Papercrafter (#81).

Oh bum! I've just spilt tea all over my desk. Why is it a tiny drop of tea left in the bottom of your mug can increase to one gallon when spilt? Arrgh!

My cue to go methinks. Thanks for dropping by xx

post signature

1 comment:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Oh what a pretty cute image and such amazing green! Adoring you cas card so much Colette. I love reading your sweet comment on my blog, thank you for taking the time to drop by. I'm so happy you become my follower. Hope this will lead us to great friendship Colette. Have a nice day!